Members of the Section for the Local Security give support to their local community, local police and other services in preventing crime. Together they do their best to reduce crime rate, illegal activities and other disturbing factors in their local community.
Section for Local Security works as a link locally, where people live or work, with a purpose to gather information about potential suspicious activities and crime.
The members of the Section for Local Security do their utmost to:
- Reduce the risks of becoming crime victims;
- Make us better prepared to respond when facing suspicious activities;
- Continuously work on self-protection skills;
- Allow for information flow regarding crime locally – where we work or live;
- Get to know our neighbours who care about local safety and self-protection;
- Deal with any other issues which are of local concern and strengthen our social capital.